In this article, what causes back pain, how to treat this condition and how to prevent the occurrence of pain with similar translations.
The causes for the pain
Most often back pain in the supine position, caused due to the development of these diseases:
- A sprain or muscle.
- Dissection of the aorta.
- Degenerative diseases of the vertebrae and discs.
- A variety of viral injury.
- Infection in the spine.
- Pain in the low back.
- Kidney stones.
- Fracture of the pelvis.
- Deformation or acquired curvature of the spine (kyphosis).
- Pinch the spinal nerves.
- Displacement of the intervertebral discs.
In addition, pain in the back can occur when excessive load on the muscles and the spine.
Sometimes these symptoms can signal the development of cancer of internal organs (kidney, heart, or pancreas). The pain will be only according to the area of the back, and to focus on the belly and chest.
Pregnancy in the last stages of its flow, which can cause pain pain in the lower back. This is due to the load transferred back to the woman, when the size of the fruit is already large enough.
The symptoms of the disease
Back pain may have a different character of its expression and localization. With these data, doctors can diagnose certain diseases.
Back pain may be:
- Pain (may indicate the excessive overload of the back muscles, as well as the development of kidney disease).
- Back pain is clearly localized in one place can be indicative of osteoarthritis or arthritis).
- Pain accompanied by high fever and exhaustion (may indicate the development of cancer).
- Pain that occurs at night.
- Cramping, pain with some of the translations.
- Pain that occurs after long-term lying and extending to the side.
- Pain that occurs after heavy lifting, and improve sleep.
- Pain in the back radiating to the buttocks and legs.
- Acute pain, in which man after sleeping position it is very difficult to stand up straight (can mean, pinched nerve, and curvature of the spine).
Usually, back pain in the supine position are of a chronic nature, which are often people just do not pay attention to their appearance. Over time, these sensations will be reduced, but this does not mean that their cause is no more.
Treatment of diseases which are associated with the back, is the doctor-vertebrologist.
After a review of the person and health history, your doctor will prescribe the following tests:
- X-ray of spine (to exclude possible fractures).
- MRI of the spine (please specify the full picture of muscle tissue).
- General analysis of blood and urine, to get a comprehensive picture of the health status, and the presence of the inflammatory process.
- Examination by a neurologist.
To exclude the potential of cancer pathology, but also diseases of internal organs, which can cause pain in the back, they should come to the following questionnaire:
- Ultrasound of the abdomen;
- consultation in the gastroenterologist;
- inspection at the proctologist, the gynecologist (women) and urologist (men).
Treatment of pain in the back need to be conducted in a comprehensive manner, with the use of pharmacological and physiotherapeutic therapy. In some cases (depending on required markings), the patient can give massage, therapeutic exercise, manual therapy or acupuncture.
The treatment selected for each patient individually depending on his diagnosis, the disease, the age and accompanying diseases.
For the relief of back pain, it is necessary to:
- to limit heavy physical activity, which can give the load on the spine;
- wearing a special support corset;
- do not stay in bed, because they can contribute to the transition of acute pain in the chronic form (lying in bed after a fracture of the spine).
Treatment with drugs against pain in the back of the bearing such groups of medicines:
- Anti-inflammatory medication . They can be in the form of tablets or creams.
- Pain medicine .
- Compresses with a solution of novocaine (for the relief of acute pain).
- Antispasmodic medications to eliminate muscle spasms.
- Chondroprotectors (slow destruction of the cartilage tissue). Usually these medicines, which are prescribed for arthritis, arthrosis and osteochondrosis.
- Vitamin complexes.
If back pain is caused by cancer or diseases of the internal organs, then the patient is assigned appropriate medications, and developing treatment plans.
It is important to know that the self-called cure, is impossible, as incorrect technique (wrong selected group of drug or dose) can cause different side effects and General impairment of health.
Physiotherapy treatment involves performing the following procedures:
- magnetic therapy;
Also, the patient is recommended to swim.
Other effective treatment method that is acupuncture. It is aimed at reducing pain in the back and reduces muscle tension, is often the result of a psychic condition of the patient.
Despite the usefulness of such a procedure, it is impossible to have such signs in a patient:
at the time of pregnancy;
- in acute diseases of the respiratory system;
- when blood clotting;
- in acute diseases of the kidneys and the liver;
- in the development of oncological diseases;
- in the period after the surgery;
- in the presence of vascular or heart disease;
- when is the predisposition of patients to bleeding.
Chiropractic is also very effectively eliminate pain in the back. May appoint only the doctor after a thorough diagnosis of the patient. When conducted properly, such therapy helps to relieve back pain and relieve muscle tension.
It is important to know that this treatment is best carried out in the following cases:
- in the period after experiencing a heart attack;
- tuberculosis or other serious infectious diseases;
- when the hernia of the intervertebral discs;
- when blood clotting;
- in anemia;
- in diseases of the blood vessels.
If you perform manual therapy to patients with the above contraindications, this can lead to serious complications in his condition.
To minimize the risk for back pain, you must follow these requirements:
- Elastic sleep on orthopaedic mattress and the same pillow (in General, it is desirable to learn to sleep without a pillow).
- To maintain good posture when sitting at the table, and walking.
- Eat right, maintain a stable weight.
- To walk in heels for two hours. The majority of the shoes should be flat shoes.
- On a long stay in a standing position must find a fulcrum for the elbow, the shoulders and arms a little to relieve the pressure on the body and the spine.
- In raising the what do you need to squat, not bend over.
- Avoid sudden movements and turns, to avoid damaging the muscles of the spine.
- Participate in physical activities for strengthening the muscles of the body. This is the best for this purpose is a therapeutic physical training, swimming, yoga, jogging and fitness classes.
- To prevent hypothermia and drafts, which can "blow" the back muscles and cause pain in them.
- In daily work on the computer, he must take frequent breaks and stretch your back, arms, neck and shoulders.
- Try to not stay in one position for more than one hour.