Back pain is a common reason for seeking medical attention, according to statistics, up to eighty percent of older people, which this problem occurs. Back pain can be a completely different character, and may arise from different reasons, sometimes they talk about the development of serious diseases.
In some cases, back pain is particularly at risk, their occurrence can be triggered by physical fatigue. However, if the pain occurs constantly, sometimes without obvious reasons, her personality is not like the usual feeling when you strain muscles, be wary. The likelihood of developing dangerous diseases.
It used to be that most of the diseases of the spine occur exclusively in old age, but at the moment, statistics show that among young people there are many people with degenerative disease back. So at any age it is important to listen to your body. do not ignore back pain, especially if they appear often and are so intense that interfere with daily activities.
Causes of back pain
Causes of pain in the back very much. Most often in the various diseases of the spine, the nerves of this section. However, in some cases, pain, diseases of other organs can only go in the back so that it seems that the pain is back. In General, there are the following causes for pain in this part of the body:
- Pain in the low back. This disease is characterized by loss of elasticity of the intervertebral discs and their destruction, is found in most of the cases. Osteochondrosis can affect different parts of the spine: cervical, thoracic, lumbar. From the site of the injury is dependent on the nature and localization of pain.
- Different curvature and malformations of the spine. The most common is scoliosis, kyphosis, lordosis and others. In addition, the curvature often cause the development of other diseases.
- The formation of a hernia. These diseases are usually found on the background of other diseases, such as degenerative disk disease. Hernia changes the correct position of the vertebrae, which causes pain and other disorders.
- A variety of inflammatory diseases of the sciatic nerve, the nerve endings in different parts of the spine. Frequent inflammation of the sciatic nerve, sciatica.
- Injuries of the spine, destabilization of the vertebrae. Fractures and other injuries that are very dangerous for a number of reasons, often with traumatic spinal injuries occur in the spinal cord, nerve endings, which are located in the different sections of the spinal cord.
- In rare cases, the pain can trigger the formation of tumors near the spine. Various tumors do not occur very often, however, the analysis of the symptoms, cannot be ruled out.
- Various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue. In various diseases of internal organs pain may radiate to the back, and are usually localized in the lower back, the lumbar region.
Also cause pain you can increased physical activity. However, in this case, pain arises exclusively in the muscles, so it is difficult to determine if there is some time to yourself. It is worth considering that constant high load, inappropriate fitness level, can trigger the development of diseases back.
The look itself of the disease of the spine is usually influenced by several factors. Most often pain in the low back occur in people with low physical activity, spending more time in a sitting position. Sometimes also the factor that is called the wrong food. The unhealthy diet leads to lack of important vitamins and minerals, which are necessary for the normal functioning of the musculoskeletal system.
It can also happen that the back pain during pregnancy. Pregnancy is an additional load on the spine, back muscles, the body as a whole. Therefore, the higher the fruit weight, the greater the likelihood of pain. Sometimes my back hurts after giving birth, because the process is also accompanied by high loads on the spine and muscles.
For the same reason back pain after epidural anesthesia when the effect passes, the muscles and the spine beginning to ache. The pain associated with childbirth, need to go through some of the time, the main thing is to provide the mother comfort and peace. If the pain lasts, the nature of the changes, you should consult with your doctor.
Which doctor to consult for back pain
Often without a full examination to determine the cause of the pain in the back is impossible, so most people do not know what doctor to address in the first place. Definitely go to the doctor is necessary in the following case:
- back pain does not go away in a few days;
- low back pain appears for no apparent reason, a sudden, even in the absence of physical stress;
- pain accompanied by shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, palpitations, rise in temperature, cramps in the abdomen, pain in the right upper quadrant;
- the pain has occurred after a trauma, injury, falls;
- the pain radiates to the arms, legs, other body parts, headache.
If you want to know why back pain, consult with a neurologist. If necessary, during the examination, the specialist may refer you to an orthopedic surgeon, and other physicians. For the determination of the correct diagnosis usually requires visual inspection, analysis of complaints, x-rays of the back and other authorities, if necessary, MRI or CT.
In cases of suspected gastrointestinal diseases will need to be an ultrasound, a blood test. If there is a possibility that the pain is due to heart disease, you need to perform a EKG. A list of the necessary diagnostics may vary depending on the individual characteristics of the disease.
Inflammation of the kidneys or your back: how to recognize the disease of the nature of the pain
Often asked as to determine the diseases of the nature of the pain. In most cases, this causes problems, you should pay attention to not only the pain, but accompanying symptoms. You should also determine which area is experiencing pain.
- A strong, nagging pain. Occurs when osteohondroze, most often after sleeping, and physical activity, in this case, their location will depend on which part of the spine affected. Most often back pain in the lumbar region, in chest form in the blades, when the neck starts to hurt the neck and head. Osteohondrozy accompanied by a feeling of numbness in the extremities. Such a pain can also occur during the formation of a hernia, with sciatica in the lumbar region. When coughing, pain in the back in the scapula area, the nature of the pain dull, but strong, diseases of the lungs and the heart.
- Acute pain. If acute pain occurs after an injury or a long hard day of work, there is the possibility for the dislocation of the vertebrae. Acute pain in left shoulder blade in the back we can talk about diseases of the heart and lungs in the lumbar region – diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective. In this case, they are accompanied by fever, symptoms of poisoning, diseases of the urination.
- Pain, pain in the muscles. In this case, may be a result of inflammation or strain of the back muscles. Usually palpation of the affected muscles, you can see that they are tight, too tight.
- Pain radiating into the lower extremities. Occurs when inflammation of the sciatic nerve, accompanied by a feeling of numbness of the muscles, such as the "shoots" in the legs, pelvis and knees. Usually present only on one side of the body.
- The pain in some diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, urogenital system, pain can radiate into the back area. In this case, we can note that they are not associated with the spine or muscular tension. Pain in diseases of internal organs, which are not dependent on the physical effort, it is not for a long time.
Important! If the pain is acute, accompanied by fever, intoxication, there is reason to call an ambulance.
These are the basic varieties of pain and the most common diseases caused by them. An accurate diagnosis cannot be determined without a complete diagnosis, so you must not start a treatment without consulting with your doctor, especially if pain is accompanied by other acute symptoms.
What to do if hurt back
First and foremost, you should consult a neurologist and set up a condition that caused pain. Then begins usually full treatment. In most diseases of the back, this is a long, complicated, involves taking different drugs, physiotherapy, massage and other techniques.
How to get rid of the pain
If there is trust, that is pain that is caused by diseases of the back, spine or muscle, there are several ways to relieve the pain. However, it is worth considering that if they are not the result of physical activity, with serious illness, who will come back again. You need to consult a doctor and choose the right treatment. In General for pain relief in the following ways:
- Painkillers. Usually the use of tablets for oral use, which is based on the ibyprofena, nimesylida, Diclofenac. In extremely severe cases may require injections, for example, on the basis of the Novocaine, but I would give the doctor. On prescription, subject to the hormonal pain ointment. For pain due to muscular overstrain, you can try analgesic cream, for example, Bengey.
- Belt for back pain in the lower back. Can be used in the osteohondroze and other diseases of the spine, there are several old folk methods, the zone-based fur, and modern products based on technologically advanced materials.
- Capsicum plaster and other varieties. Usually indicated for non-inflammatory diseases, so its use should be cautious. Due to the warming effect, to get rid of the pain.
- Gymnastics. If the pain is a result of physical activity, you can try to gently stretch your tense muscles and the spine. Exercises should be done smoothly, careful not to hurt. Gymnastics is also used in the osteohondroze.
- The Folk remedies. For pain relief you can also use various folk remedies. Help relieve the pain capable compacts on the basis of honey, potatoes, intake of decoctions and infusions of herbs inside: chamomile, sage, mint. When pain in the back, I suggest you use a belt of dog fur.
Important! In inflammatory diseases of the internal organs, to use these techniques impossible.
This funds should help to relieve back pain. But, if they come back after some time, you need to visit a doctor that you can talk about the development of dangerous diseases.